Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Wonderful Tonight



Chords for the song: "Wonderful Tonight”
Singer : Eric Clapton
Tuning: Standard

Chords used:

1. D –    D(major)        - 232000
2. G –    G(major)       - 33xx23
3. C -     C(major)        -x02220
4. Em -  E(minor)        -02200x



Starts with whistling

G                             D          
It's late in the evening
C                                    D
she's wondering what clothes to wear
G                                 DShe puts on her make-up
C                                 D
and brushes her long blonde hair
G                                 D      G                     EmAnd then she asks me, "Do I look all right?"
               C                   D                         G      D       C     DAnd I say, "Yes, you look wonderful tonight."…………..whistling


G                     D                    C                         D
We go to a party and everyone turns to see
G                     D                     C                          DThis beautiful lady that's walking around with me.
        C                     D                    G                     EmAnd then she asks me, "Do you feel all right?"
               C                   D                         G    And I say, "Yes, I feel wonderful tonight."
C                                 D             I feel wonderful because I see
G                     Em
The love light in your eyes.
C                                 D             And the wonder of it all
C                  D                               G        D           C               DIs that you just don't realize how much I love you……………….whistling

 
G                     D                         C                         D
It's time to go home now and I've got an aching head,G                     D                         C                         D
So I give her the car keys and she helps me to bed.        C               D                 G                 EmAnd then I tell her, as I turn out the light,
               C                       D                                G    I say, "My darling, you were wonderful tonight.
C                  D                               G      D   C    D/ GOh my darling, you were wonderful tonight." ……whistling



No comments:

Post a Comment